How to snack healthy at work
Where do most of us spend most of our time? The workplace! So naturally that is where we do the majority of our eating. Usually we just eat what’s in our desk drawer, mini-fridge or vending machine. And this doesn’t even include going out to lunch. So how do you snack healthy at work? Start out by planning ahead. Most of us will eat whatever we can get our hands on, so set yourself up for success. If you have junk food and unhealthy snacks at your desk, then that’s what you’ll eat. If you’re trying to eat healthier, throw out the junk. Here are some healthy snacks to consider having in your office space:
- Almonds-light snack and gives you energy
- Fruit-all natural and can help you with a sweet tooth craving instead of going after candy
- Meal replacement shake-Most servings cost less than going out to lunch and are much healthier than processed foods
- Low Sodium Rice Cakes- A healthy snack with some substance
- Veggies-A crispy cucumber slice or crispy carrot could hold you over until dinner time and keep you going in the last hour of your work day.
If you need a structured meal planner to help you snack healthy at work, click here: meal planner